sfc /scannow query

CurlyWhirly 17:39 21 Nov 04

I have read the article at click here and I have copied the ENTIRE i386 folder onto my hard drive from my XP Home Edition CD.
I have also altered the SourcePath in the registry to tell Windows to look on the hard drive itself rather than my XP Home Edition CD for the missing files to complete the scannow operation.

After around 10 minutes the progress bar goes the whole way across and then the 'Windows File Protection' box just disappears!
Does this mean that everything is okay then so you ONLY get an error message if SOMETHING is wrong?

Also as my sister has Windows XP (but no XP CD) would it be LEGAL if I copied the i386 off my XP CD onto her hard drive as at the moment she can't run the FULL scannow utility as around halfway through the operation Windows asks her to put in the CD and she can't do this as she hasn't got the CD as it is an OEM version i.e. the operating system was on the PC when she bought it.
I am not even sure if this would work anyway!
Any comments please?

VoG II 17:41 21 Nov 04

On the first question, that is what it has always done when I've run it.

CurlyWhirly 17:44 21 Nov 04

On the first question, that is what it has always done when I've run it.

EVERYTHING must be alright then? Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…