sfc /scannow problem

ianeon 19:29 07 Aug 06

Good morning - I am trying to setup my computer so that I can run sfc /scannow without have to put my disc into the machine - part of the instruction says go to - "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionSetup" - and change the drive identification to "C" which is where I have put a copy of "I386" - My problem is that I do not have "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionSetup" in my registry - Any help with this problem would be appreciated - Thank you - Ian

Phphred 19:54 07 Aug 06

"HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE/ SOFTWARE/Microsoft/ windows/ current version/ setup

ianeon 19:58 07 Aug 06

"Phphred" - Thank you - yes I forgot to put the "/" in my request - my apologies.

VoG II 21:11 07 Aug 06

Can you not create the
key?

Hertz Van Rentyl 21:42 07 Aug 06

Did you go to Microsoft after software only there is another Windows/current version tag a bit lower down the list.

ianeon 22:11 07 Aug 06

VoG - I rather hoped that you might come aboard on this problem - It would be nice if you could explain how I create the key - Thank you - Ian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…