boysie 10:35 14 Apr 06

When inserting my Windows Pro disk inc service pack 2 to run sfc /scannow, I get the message "Insert your Windows xp professional service pack 2"

The right disk is in the cd rom drive why doesn't it just get on with it!

Many Thanks for your help...

Seadog 10:37 14 Apr 06

I had this problem with my sons computer recently and I just had to keep pressing OK every time it asked for it, which was about twenty times in all before the task was completed!

VoG II 10:37 14 Apr 06
  Ikelos 11:38 14 Apr 06

yep, same here, just keep clicking "ok"

Hertz Van Rentyl 11:44 14 Apr 06

Agree with VoG lob a copy of I386 on HD and point to it in the registry and should solve your prob.

Stuartli 13:13 14 Apr 06

Do you have two optical drives?

I had the same problem initially with sfc /scannow until I remembered that Windows XP Pro has my rewriter as the D drive and the DVD-ROM drive as E.

Like you I was putting the XP disk in the ROM drive...:-(

dogbreath1 13:18 14 Apr 06

Just done it...can't recommend it highly enough.

boysie 17:15 16 Apr 06

Many thanks for all your advice, I'm slightly confused though, I've read through links that you pointed me to, and copied my I386 folder from my Windows xp disk to the c: drive. and entered the registry and pointed the scource where the I386 folder is now on the C:\ drive. rebooted, but still have the same problem! am I not doing things correctly I wonder!!

Regards..and thanks again for all your time on this it is appreciated.

VoG II 17:23 16 Apr 06
  Stuartli 17:42 16 Apr 06

It's not Sfc \scannow but

sfc /scannow

boysie 19:36 21 Apr 06

I'm still not having any luck running sfc! I've read all posts and changed the scourced keys in the registry..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…