sfc /scannow

aboutit 15:25 24 Sep 04

Can anyone explain why when I run sfc /scannow it does the test and then the just disappears from the screen with no message or anything I`ve trid it twice and the same thing has happened each time.also when I checked my stem I found that intcont.dll file is missing is this why I am nable to connect to a weeb page fro a link? each time I try I see in the addess bar click here media.com I would eappreciate any help many thanks

Diodorus Siculus 15:41 24 Sep 04

Are you using XP?

Try an anti-spyware check: click here
AdAware click here
SB click here
CWS click here

aboutit 17:33 24 Sep 04

ran adaware, spysweeper.spybot, avg antivrus trend removed everything it showed but still the same. This first started after I ws informed that I had trojan horse in system volume information/restore/B8524D68-ASF I ran AVG as advised but it showed nothing I turned off system restore and re ran AVG and still nothing.Any ideas?

johnnyrocker 19:48 24 Sep 04

avg may have been compromised, either d/load stinger to a floppy (free one from the top of a google search results) disconnect and disable system restore and run stinger, you may also like to run an on line scan at click here

Jackcoms 21:07 24 Sep 04

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm using XP and have NEVER been able to run sfc /scannow.

All I ever get is a quick flash (!) for a fraction of a second of a black DOS-type screen and that's it.

I'm up-to-date with and regularly run my AV, Spybot, AdAware, SpywareBlaster, a2, CW Shredder and Stinger. I'm 100% confident that I have a clean machine.

Can anybody help? What exactly is supposed to happen when I run sfc /scannow?

Eargasm 21:59 24 Sep 04

If sfc /scannow runs and then dissapears that's it,it has restored any damaged system files,

Jackcoms i had major problems getting sfc to work on my puter but sorted it from click here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…