sfc scan and hidden partion

steven_frost 19:34 24 Feb 07

I have a Packard Bell i have run sfc scan to fix a few issues i have but i dont know how to get it to look at the F drive for the files

woodchip 19:36 24 Feb 07

It only checks Windows Operating System Files not any other Programs or Software

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:39 24 Feb 07

sfc/ scannow only looks at the operating system files and replaces missing or corrupt files in windows.

If you want to check the partition for bad sectors the use My computer -right click the drive - properties- tools error checking.

steven_frost 19:42 24 Feb 07

i am trying to repair my system using sfc scan sorry not explained myself very well

VoG II 19:43 24 Feb 07

I'm pretty sure that you cannot get SFC to look at a hidden partition for the correct version of Windows files.

If you have an I386 folder in C: then click here

steven_frost 13:29 25 Feb 07

The problem i am having is that when i burn a disc my DVD rewriter will not see the disc as being blank also if i use sonic to burn a disc it does not see any of the information on the disc

skidzy 14:31 25 Feb 07

Is the dvd drive listed in My Computer ?

Have you tried changing the media ?

Try resetting the DMA settings click here

steven_frost 18:51 25 Feb 07

hi the DVD is listed in my computer reset the DMA settings and nothing has changed when i open My Computer all it shows is DVD-RW Drive D:

woodchip 19:11 25 Feb 07

It may be the disc media you are using or a faulty drive

steven_frost 19:20 25 Feb 07

the media is fine i have tryed 10 disks

skidzy 19:34 25 Feb 07

i would suggest firstly you close this thread by ticking resolved and start a new thread in the helproom staing your exact problem.
Your title may limit your responses here due to the fact sfc and hidden partition is not related to your dvd drive problem.

Also your post at Sun, 25/02/07@13:29 to me seems a little misleading.

" that when i burn a disc my DVD rewriter will not see the disc as being blank "

If you burn a disc,windows will not see it as blank as data will be recorded to the disc.

Just something to check on the dvd,has it been finalised ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced