//some 3rd party need geo

sfc

pj1664 17:54 09 Oct 05

I would appreciate if anyone could tell me if I could use a similar command like sfc with win xp to check if all my files are in order. I know we could do this with win 98 but I have just tried with xp and all I get is small dos screen for a split second and dissapears. Is there another command that I could use to update or restore files that I may have deleted accidently apart from reinstalling windows. Thanks.

VoG II 17:55 09 Oct 05

sfc /scannow

click here

bremner 17:55 09 Oct 05

At the run command type cmd and at the prompt type sfc /scannow

Sharpamatt 17:59 09 Oct 05

XP does have this option as did earlier versions in their maintance options,

By highlighting drice C right click and select properties. select tools, and the same options as earlier versions are now available,
just follow the on screen instructions

pj1664 18:03 09 Oct 05

Thanks guys for the response, I will try that shortly and get back to you shortly to let you know how I got on.

Stuartli 19:07 09 Oct 05

If the worst comes to the worst, you won't need to reinstall XP, merely a Repair.

pj1664 20:22 09 Oct 05

Ok I have done what was suggested regardingsfc/scannow, windows checked all the essential window files and then it went back to dos screen, as tough it was waiting for a prompt and nothing happend! Is that what is supppose to happend? My understaqnding is that if there are corrupt files or missing files it would do so to rectify the faulty files, but nothing,did I miss something?

VoG II 20:31 09 Oct 05

If you want to see a progress bar you need to make a registry tweak as in my 'click here' above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…