Sevice Pack 2 Installation

ventanas 12:54 10 Aug 04

Have just downloaded the whole thing from click here
Network version.

As I'm stuck on dialup at home there is no way I can get even the advertised optimised version using Win Update. Can I use the network version I have downloaded for a single computer. ie will it just install what's needed. Probably too soon to ask, but someone may know.

Stuartli 13:03 10 Aug 04

Apparently it's 256MB and takes an hour even on broadband....:-(

poogles_uk 13:27 10 Aug 04

From an update XP newsletter:

click here

An hour on broadband? thats quick, yours must be fast.

Is this a release edition? i.e the final results, for everyone to download?

ventanas 13:46 10 Aug 04

Not for me it didn't. Remarkably fast at 300k\sec.

Equates to approx 3.4 secs per mb = 14.5 mins.

Now to decide whether to roll it out onto 35 machines, or wait for the shouting to die down.

Stuartli 14:17 10 Aug 04

It was a guesstimate by my son, on Pipex broadband.

Final SP2 is due on August 25 - MS claims it will meet "by end of August" deadline.

Some MS info on SP2 features:

click here

Djohn 14:45 10 Aug 04

from quite a few websites as from yesterday but not yet from Microsoft's own site. It is the final version that was released early to BETA testers and exactly the same as will be available from Microsoft's own site, maybe sometime this week.

Alan2 14:48 10 Aug 04

This is the link to Part 1 of the series of 8 parts making up MS's information pack on SP2.

click here

ventanas 14:58 10 Aug 04

I got it from Microsoft as per the link in my original post. But it does seem as though my question has been answered click here

Now to decide.

Stuartli 16:04 10 Aug 04

SP2 was released to manufacturing on August 6th and due on MS website today according to this website:

click here

Release notes from MS re SP2:

click here;en-us;835935

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…