Several Issues - Not Sure Of The Cause

glennk 13:34 25 Oct 09

Recently my broadband connection became slow. Somedays my connection drops frequently, other days there is no problem. Sometimes my connection drops when the phone is in use (This is only a rcent problem).

Sometimes my upload speeds are very poor. Sometimes my download speeds are very poor. Sometimes both are poor. Speedtests show that on my 4 meg line I often get as little as 70 upload and 300 download. Other times I get 4 meg down and 400 up. Sometimes it says I am getting good speeds but it takes an age for internet pages to load. However the loading bar in firefox remains clear for some time then when it actually starts to load - the green light goes across pretty fast. Its almost as if its waiting for a connection then when it gets it the page loads fast. I have read something about MTU - could this be the problem ??

The internet light on my Belkin G Flashes intermitantly. Also the the wireless light flashes intermitantly. ADSL Light is solid.

ambra4 16:15 25 Oct 09

See if this help

Reboot the router by power it off wait 1 minute and than power it back on

It is sometimes desirable to reboot the router by Power it off and back on by removing the power

cable if you cannot access the Internet or find that access is very slow this will allow the router to

refresh the setting from your ISP servers

Ashrich 00:19 27 Oct 09

The recent phone problem ( connection dropping ) may be due to a faulty phone point filter/s , try changing it/them and see if that makes a difference .

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac