Several Install CD's to DVD-R

BBez 10:18 29 May 04

I have just got Mandrake 10 which consists of 3 installation CD's, a documentation CD and a CD of extra applications.

What i would like to do is put all 5 CD's onto 1 DVD-r so i can install Mandrake without having to change CD's during installation...

Is this possible, thanks in advance...

vinnyT 12:41 29 May 04

I did something similar with my hp scanner installation disks (floppys). I created 6 directories on my harddrive, disk1, disk2 etc. then copied the floppys to the corresponding dir, used nero to copy all 6 onto a cd. Works no prob. the reason I used individual dir for each floppy is that the setup routine asks for disk 2;3;4;5;6 to be inserted into the drive, when it does this I browse to the dir on the cd.

I tried copying all the files onto the cd without the seperate dirs, but it caused an error each time.

You could try both ways, not much to lose. Hope this helps (and you can understand my rambling).

TomJerry 14:27 29 May 04

All file will be on DVD, but it would not be bootable. You need to creat a bootable dvd and also add all files to it. Do not know how to creat bootable linux disk, but I think it should be the same with windows. Nero can do this for bootable cd/dvd. Also there could be some difference between file format between win and linux.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…