SetXButton

dangerman 18:27 04 Oct 08

On start up I get a notification "the procedure entry point SetXButton could not be located in the dynamic link library 4Hook32.dll.
Do I need to worry about this-I have'nt yet found any problem. How do I overcome this. Any advise will be most welcome

ICF 19:18 04 Oct 08

Have you done an up to date spyware and virus scan

dangerman 20:20 05 Oct 08

ICF Thanks for the suggestion. I have Kaspersky installed all fully up to date and have done a full scan with no adverse result

ICF 19:38 06 Oct 08

How about a scan for spyware with something like this click here
Don't forget to update it first

dangerman 20:48 13 Oct 08

Thanks ICF I downloaded malewarebites and ran it twice-still no change

hiwatt 22:24 13 Oct 08

Look in msconfig and see if there's anything resembling that running at start up.Also have a look in add/remove programs.Also run ccleaner click here in both "cleaner" and "registry" mode and see if that helps.

hiwatt 22:25 13 Oct 08

Should have said if there's anything like that in the msconfig start up tab then untick the box.

ICF 17:29 14 Oct 08

Give this program a go as well click here

brundle 17:49 14 Oct 08

While it's prudent to consider all options, running a bunch of scans without any actual practical troubleshooting steps is rather hit-and-miss; download and run Process Explorer as described in this thread (click here ) to find out what process is causing the error. Then look up the process in Google (you can do that with Process Explorer with a right-click too). Then you have something to go on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac