Setup Sound System

Phoenix40 19:00 09 Oct 05

Hello i got one other problem if someone can give me some advise.When i reset my computer my master disk doesnt have the sound files on it so i have a separate disk with my Yamaha sound files which i have to install.The problem is each time i do it my computer crashes while its going through installation.I then have to turn off my computer then turn it on for it to complete the setup.But i noticed in the past i have been unable to run my DVD player on my computer to watch films etc i wonder if this is to do with the sound files not setup properly i do still get sound when im playing games etc.Before i install my sound files again i wonder if someone can explain how it should be done properly to connect things properly i think once in the past a help desk did tell me one had to do something on the windows settings and also where can i get up to date Yamaha sound drivers to install mine are rather dated.I would appreciate any help to do this properly i use Wins 98SE system thank you.

Phoenix40 19:21 09 Oct 05

Hello i just remembered faintly from past experience that the help desk once said i had to do something in the Device Manager in the computer settings if i remember right to do with the sound files hope someone can help me otherwise i will have to go ahead and install it like ive done in the past thank you.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:07 09 Oct 05

What type of YAmaha sound card? there are several you will need the correct drivers.

Everest Home Edition click here will tell you what sort of sound card is fitted if you don't already know.

Phoenix40 20:22 09 Oct 05

Hello im not sure this is the description ive got on my disk its

ASUS MEL-M Socket 370 Mainboard

Yamaha YMF740C audio driver

So i dont know if this is any help to you thanks for replying look forward to your reply thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:58 09 Oct 05

click here about 10th one down is yours.

Control panel - device manager - sound and audio devices - click on the yamaha audio right click properties driver tab select update driver as it searches fror drivers point it to the folder where ypou down loaded the file to.

Phoenix40 22:11 09 Oct 05

Hello thanks for your reply.I just want to clarify how i should install the drivers from my disk.I usually install them by Run from start program and find the right installation from the disk for Wins 98 but as the process of installation goes through im not sure really how i should do it and then while the files are installing then thats when the computer crashes and i have to turn it off then on to finish the installation.I notice on the Device Manager there is two type of things to do with the sound system one is called Other Devices with a Yellow Question Mark next to it.Below it a subdirectory there is PCI Multimedia Audio Device with another Yellow Question Mark.Underneath these is another directory called Sound,Video and Game Controllers that has a subdirectory called Wave Device for voice modem with a Yellow exclamation mark.
Do i do anything with these before or after i install my drivers from the CD Rom.Do i remove them first or afterwards i seem to remember something i had to do with them.
As the files are installing from the disk there are some boxes that say recommended setup then there are four boxes where you tick like the A:\ drive, CD Rom drive or press the browser thats what im not sure about when im installing the sound drivers.I hope you understand what im getting at and if someone can explain stage by stage the procedure to install the drivers thanks you for your patience hope to hear from someone soon.

Phoenix40 13:52 10 Oct 05

Hello just to let you know i have installed my sound drivers without any problem this time maybe i had setup the computer properly as well in the beginning.But i am still unable to run my DVD player to be able to watch films which i was able to do when i had my computer in the beginning it says there might be a problem with memory or the audio devices but im afraid i wouldnt know what to do with that or where to look unless someone can help thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…