Setup Launcher error

Emmitt 20:33 24 Oct 04

I am running Windows XP Home edition with service pack 2 installed. I am trying to install OCR software Finereader 6.0. When I put the CD in the tray I get an error " Setup Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close " Has anyone come accoss this before and better still have you a solution.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

THE TERMINATOR 22:55 24 Oct 04

List the contents of your cd-rom and double click on setup.exe, this may work ....T

Emmitt 23:17 24 Oct 04

Already tried this, but same error.

Emmitt 22:26 25 Oct 04

Thanks for the help on this error. I managed to solve it. I copied version 6.0 onto the hard disk. Then I downloaded the trial version for 7.0. I copied the setup.exe for 7.0 into the folder containing 6.0 and ran it. This let me install the software.

THE TERMINATOR 23:28 25 Oct 04

I'm curious, do you now have version 6 or7? Sorry for not getting back, the wife was on the pc....T

Emmitt 19:13 04 Nov 04

Terminator,
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I am running version 6.0. The setup which I copied from ver 7.0 is only to set the language to English and then the main setup program launches and installs the version 6.0 program. I can only assume the 6.0 language setup became corrupted ( even though it is still on CD )
Thanks for your help anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…