Setup inspecting hardware..........

Stowit 15:50 28 Oct 05

My AJP 350I (750mhz, 256k 10gig(circa~1999)) ran Win ME. I thought a fresh XP install would refresh it, but on installation it hangs with the above message. I read some stuff in Microsoft knowledgebase relating to Win NT, & thus flashed the Bios to the last release. Ive tried formatting & then all manner of Bios settings to no avail. Any ideas/suggestions?

Diemmess 16:08 28 Oct 05

Some of your system is very marginal to run XP, particularly the HD capacity and the RAM. XP is very hungry for both.

It might be a good idea to go back to ME to make sure you can get this up and running again. If you do, then use an ME startup disk, and format your HD before trying to install a fresh copy of ME.

Keep an eye open for unfavourable changes you may have made to the BIOS and if in doubt revert to the factory default settings.

DieSse 16:25 28 Oct 05
  Stowit 18:02 28 Oct 05

AJP have prooved not to be very helpfull at all, even when it was new (being polite). They just say support for this model's finished & they don't support XP with it as ME was the supplied O/S. I think it should run XP. I think it's a hardware issue though. I've put Me back on, but had my heart set on XP, just don't know where to go to proceed.

DieSse 18:08 28 Oct 05

Several XP compatibility checks here.

click here

Unfortunately just thinking it *should* run XP is not enough!

Stowit 19:15 29 Oct 05

Thanks, I'll do some checks this week, the pc spec exceeds XP requirements, & I know of lower spec ones running XP ok. I'll 'resolve' for now & re-post when I've narrowed it down (if possible)

woodchip 19:24 29 Oct 05

I will go with DieSse on is first post

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…