Setup help

hotant 20:30 10 Jul 05

I brought a netgear dg632 adsl modem router.Loaded up drives for usb connection plug in modem all lights ok and when i create new new work connection for bradband it comes up wan connection and i'm unable to connect to the internet.I am with Eclipse and would like to know does anyone know how to setup the modem not as easy as they say it is.Have put in all setting but it just don't want to connect to the internet,any help or advise gladly recieved

Forum Editor 10:30 11 Jul 05

You don't need to create a new connection on your computer - the router will automatically make the connection, once you have configured it to send your login to your ISP.

The thing to remember with an ADSL modem/router combination is that it's the router which makes the connection, not your computer. Your computer simply accesses the internet via the router.

The router's setup instructions will contain full details of how to access its setup pages by typing an IP address into your browser - you must connect the router to your computer via an Ethernet cable (supplied with the router) so you can make the configuration settings. That means that your computer must have a LAN port - a network card in other words.

Once you have entered your login details, and saved them to the router's firmware, you'll find that it will make the connection automatically each time it's turned on - your computer doesn't need to be running for this to happen.

hotant 19:45 11 Jul 05

Well i went the Ethernet route way as you said and was so simple to setup through Ethernet dn't know why i ever used usb,many thanks for youre help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…