Setup Error 0x80070725 Incompatible RPC stub

Mike Vitesse 11:06 25 Feb 03

This is a problem I've had before and resolved but I can't remember how. It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the archive. I have an IBM thinkpad 240 which is old (Celeron 300)but small and light and runs win 98 SE. When installing some software I get Error number in the header and description "Incompatible version of RPC stub". Ive reinstalled windows (X 4) and on a clean install it goes away - then after installing a piece of software (I havn't been able to find out which) I get this error. My suspicion is that its when I install my own software from my main machine compiled and packaged in vb6 which updates windows 98's installer files. Microsoft' installer works but some software packaged by InstallSheild deosn't. Any help would be appreciated in sorting this out.
Thanks Mike

JoeC 11:15 25 Feb 03
  woodchip 11:53 25 Feb 03

Run SFC From Start\Run under the setting's tab you can also look for deleted file and changed files. I would suggest you go through the first option then the others after if it does not correct the problem, first look for corrupt files then deleted files and last changed files

woodchip 11:54 25 Feb 03

PS you need to have your Win98 disc in the comp when you do the above

Mike Vitesse 23:59 25 Feb 03

Many thanks to everyone who responded System file checker (sfc) which I had already run from the system info program didn't pick it up. Particular thanks to Joe C who has pointed me to the microsoft correction for this. I don't know my way round the knowledge base as well as joe although when I looked under win 98 it didn't come up. I havn't done it yet but I'm confident ** that this should do it.
Cheers Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…