Is this setup any good

the flying monkey 11:45 19 Mar 04

This is the systems specification:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ with 8oo mhz Sys bus (512 KB L2 cache)
512MB DDR 400 Ram
Asus K8V-F VIA K8T800 Mainboard (targa edition)
Western Digital 200 GB Hard Disk (7200rpm)
SCM 7 in 1 card reader
Toshiba DVD ROM
DVD Writer 4xDVD+RW/8xDVD+R (+ and - burner)
ATi Radeon All in Wonder 9800 Pro 128MB Video Card
Asus Wireless LAN Card
Liteon Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
56K modem
6xUSB 2.0 and 2xFirewire

Windows XP Home
Microsoft Worksuite
Norton Antivirus '03
Pinnacle Studio 8.8SE and CD/DVD Burning 7

All this for £899 inc VAT

Is it just me or this a really good deal. Some advice would be great thank you. The system comes from Lidl (which kinda sounds a bit pikey) but the components look okay, don't they?

Thanks for your help in advance guys.

SANTOS7 12:06 19 Mar 04

You don't say if it comes with a monitor or any type of warranty aggreement but if you go to the top of the page you will see a link to reviews you can go there and compare the price you have been quoted against other systems don't be forced into buying anything your not sure about
good luck.....

dth 12:07 19 Mar 04

you are making me jealous.....

SANTOS7 12:17 19 Mar 04

It makes me jelous to, it has some pretty hot components but you still need to consider the complete package as regards backup/repair options

the flying monkey 12:28 19 Mar 04

it only has a 1 year manufacturers warranty. it doesn't come with a monitor but I have a fairly good one at the moment. Plus I have a decent sound card which i can add in.

But to be honest I never really claim on warranties, I'd rather just buy a newer, better component and replace the broken bits.

With this in mind, the above system sounds like a good bet then at £899?

SANTOS7 12:36 19 Mar 04

I have to say i'm with you on the warrantie issue
considering what you can buy new components for now, If you like the system GO FOR IT i hope in the end you make the right deccision BE LUKCY...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…