Settings keep changing

StellaArtois63 12:14 17 Mar 03

I have just updated my graphics card driver which is a NVIDIA TNT2 M64 4x AGP. The problem has occured that when I start my computor up the settings change from 1024 by 768 to 800 by 600. After changing the settings to what I want the computor will start up approx 3 times as normal then the next time it would have changed again. It is giving me the hump and would appreciate some advise.Thanks
The system I am running is Windows 98 se.

Djohn 13:21 17 Mar 03

Have you set the refresh rate in your card settings to optimal? If not, it may be that the setting you have chosen for refresh is too high, and windows is auto. changing to protect your monitor. J.

Gongoozler 13:29 17 Mar 03

Another possibility is that there is some software - possibly spyware - that is changing the settings. Have a look in the startup menu (Start - Run - msconfig, and click on the Startup tab) to see if there is anything there that shouldn't be. Also download and run Adaware from click here.

woodchip 14:15 17 Mar 03

Are you playing Games as these will change the graphics to what the game is set to

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…