Settings for Internet keep altering & NO BATTERY!

Zebrapec 22:02 24 Feb 05

Hi, Every now and then, including to-night, when I could not get on the web or get connected to my e-mails, I find my settings have altered.
To-night they had altered to 'never dial a connection'. I have Zone Alarm Pro. AVG.and Spybot and according to them, no viruses
By the way, after running 'Everest,home edition it tells me I have no battery and I have certainly not changed one since getting the computer in 1998!

woodchip 22:13 24 Feb 05

The battery may be about to give out if it's not already dunn so. Do you leave your computer on 24/7 as you would not know that the battery had pegged it if you did

Zebrapec 21:19 25 Feb 05

Woodchip, No I do not leave it 24/7. It gets switched on at about 5.00pm and off again about midnight. Some times its not switched on for days.

octal 21:48 25 Feb 05

It sounds like your battery voltage has gone so low its not registering, 7 years is pretty good going for a battery.

This may help in replacing it: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…