Settings For Graphics Card - What Do They Mean ?

gcs_uk 08:17 28 Apr 03

Just recently installed an Nvidia GeForce4 MX440 card and not had any problems with my games, however I have just installed IGI2 and the game is unresponsive and jerky.

I have looked at the configuration settings and I am totally confused. So could someone please tell me what the following mean.

Gamma Correction
Force Software Vertex Processing
Fullscreen Antialiasing
Texture Filtering Mode

The spec of my machine is as follows,
XP, 256mb RAM, 10GB free hard disk space, graphics card as above, Directx9, Intel Celeron 1.1

Any help would be appreciated.
TIA

vaughan007 08:46 28 Apr 03

The settings you listed are really just 'tweak' settings and should be set fairly well at default. If all of your games were running badly I would guess that one of these settings was wrong. But, as its just this one game I doubt altering these settings would do anything.

Have you downloaded the latest drivers for your graphics card?

Take a look at the video settings in the game :-

Turn the resolution to minimum settings and see what happens.

Take a look at the video mode you are running in, is it openGL?

Basically turn ALL the video/graphics settings to their minumim and see if the game is still slow and jerky.

Tog 12:54 28 Apr 03

For a decent description of 3-D graphics, what's involved and the terms used, try here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…