Settings Digital photos as desktop background

rols 17:39 24 Feb 05

My computer is an Athlon 64bit 3400 running W XP,plenty of Ram and good graphics card-everything new last October, My problem is that I can no longer set my digital photos (stored on a seperate drive F ) as desktop background unless I click the desktop go to properties --desktop-- browse then click on the photo. It then appears as an option and can be clicked . I also notice that some of the desktop backgrounds do not appear in the small screen as they used to. My shop tells me it is the 64 bit which isnt compatible with Fat32. or its something to do with Active desktop which I know nothing about.

cycoze 17:56 24 Feb 05

Go into your photo folder on drive F, click on view and select " thumnails " , now right click on one of your photos and you should have the option to "set as desktop background".

The above works on view using filmstrip or thumbnails, as far as i know it wont work with the other view options.

Technotiger 19:39 24 Feb 05

Hi, someone much brighter than I will no doubt correct me - but - I thought XP was NTFS not FAT32. Just a passing comment.

woodchip 19:49 24 Feb 05

It can work on both. Also Pics are called wallpaper on desktop

Technotiger 20:02 24 Feb 05

Hi, thanks my friend - just added to my Personal Knowledge Base :-))

rols 14:30 25 Feb 05

My pictures are already in thumbnails and your tip didnt work-any other ideas

brambles 16:44 25 Feb 05

I would recommend copying the graphic on your F drive - that you want as a desktop picture - into My Pictures on your C drive.

Then when you are in Control Panel/Display browse to your C Drive/ My Pictures & select the specific one you have just copied.

Hope this works

rols 16:47 25 Feb 05

sorry doesnt work and already have pics in MY Pictures on Drive C and dont work there either ! Keep trying and thanks

woodchip 18:50 25 Feb 05

I use Quick View Plus and can put any photo on the desktop easy. Plus able to read just about any file, just by right click and choose Quick view Plus in Explorer

JonnyTub 18:57 25 Feb 05

try opening the picture using windows picture and fax viewer so you can see it in all it's glory, not 'thumbnailed or filmstripped' right click on it and select 'set as deaktop background'.

rols 19:23 26 Feb 05

What is quick view plus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…