settings????

lauralovesballa 18:29 12 Jan 08

i have a one year old intel celeron 2.66ghz 80 gb harddrive. 1.18gb of ram. it came new with windows xp home built in. (and a "restore to factory condition" partition called pc angel). this is my first ever computer so i knew nothing!!(still dont:-) )i turned it on one day and it wouldnt boot into windows at all, even when i tried to boot the pc angel i got the same message. -windows could not start fatal error-(or something similar). as i didnt have a clue about computers when i bought it, i hadnt realised how important the cd was that came with it. so that was lost long ago. a (very dodgie) friend came round and used a cd to boot into windows, only now the o.s wasn't the home edition it was xp pro. i spent a while trying to recover my old home edition but just messed up my full computer. after researching a bit i found out all i needed was a oem home edition cd in the begining but now i had that cd my operating system was pro. are you still with me???? anyway i done a complete disk erase format and reinstalled xp home. now when i check for updates i get directed to u.s.a sites and the language settings are american(english). i did make sure the settings were england and english when i reinstalled i double checked. whats going on????

birdface 18:33 12 Jan 08
  lauralovesballa 20:14 12 Jan 08

cheerrrs!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…