Settings

the pie eater 18:38 15 Mar 05

arggh help i am running on windowsxp and my problem is that my setting change on there own from high res to low res and i just go into setting for the monitor and reset the settings to 32bit high and all is well until i go to a new webb site it goes back to 16bit ??

Technotiger 18:41 15 Mar 05

Hi, have you tried a System Restore back to a date when all was working ok.?

Cheers.

the pie eater 18:44 15 Mar 05

yes been there, for some reason it comes back saying the system cant restore to the said date and i am only going back 3 days then i tried even a date a lot earlier still the same ?

Technotiger 18:50 15 Mar 05

Are you picking dates which are shown in Bold print? It won't work on just any old date.

the pie eater 18:59 15 Mar 05

yes restore points that i have made and others called check points but it still will not restore ?

Technotiger 19:08 15 Mar 05

OK, when you go into DisplayProperties/Settings, I assume you are clicking on Apply before closing the window.

I am afraid I am not knowledgable enough to advise you further - ie, Registry arrrgh - but hang on in there and I am sure someone else will come to your aid.

Cheers and good luck.

gudgulf 19:28 15 Mar 05

What graphics card drivers are you using? If these have become corrupted then then your system may be reverting to the standard vga drivers.Try reinstalling the drivers or better still updating to the latest version for your card.

With system restore not functioning the normal Microsoft cure is to switch it off,reboot and then re-enable it.To do that click on "start" and rt. click "my computer" Then click on properties and you will see the system restore tab at the top left of the box that opens.Tick the little box to turn off system restore on all drives,ok out and reboot the system.Then do the same again but this time remove the tick to restart system restore.It will delete your old restore points but as these are non functional you don't need them.It should automatically create a new restore point but make one yourself just in case.

the pie eater 17:59 16 Mar 05

all now back and ship shape cheers guy's where would we mere mortals be with out you all
sorted
again thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…