setting up yahoo as default email in outlook

Iluaf 09:19 25 Feb 09

Hi,

My friend has just bought a laptop with mobile broadband only, so she is currently using Yahoo for her emails & this is the only email account she has.

She is wanting to use outlook & have the yahoo email come to this. I looked in the Yahoo forum, but I think you can only do this with yahoo mail plus which you have to pay for.

Does anyone know if I can configure outlook to work with regular yahoo email?

thanks,

Sally

Diodorus Siculus 10:39 25 Feb 09

click here for Ypops and click here for how to configure with Outlook 2003.

Iluaf 12:23 25 Feb 09

Thanks diodorus!! Would you say it is a relatively simple process? I am not the brightest of sparks ;) i was a bit confused...do we need to download the Ypops thing & is it safe? Are we better just paying the extra for Yahoo mail plus? What would you recommend?
Thank you

Diodorus Siculus 20:32 25 Feb 09

In the past I used ypops when I used a standalone mail client and it is pretty simple to use. Download and install it, tick the box to allow it to run at startup and then forget about it.

Configure your email client as shown in the link above and it will run fine.

Having said that, I use yahoo plus for the last 6 months or so as I am away from UK and regular internet access so don't want to lose my email account. There are many advantages to Yahoo Plus but I don't use pop access.

Iluaf 21:06 25 Feb 09

We'll investigate - thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…