Setting up a Wireless router

alexgray104 21:40 22 Sep 05

I am trying to setup a wireless network for my packard bell tower computer and newer Acer Laptop. the tower is running XP Pro and the laptop is running home. I have installed the driver for the router and plugged it into tower and all is working fine(otherwise I wouldn't be on here!) The trouble starts when i try to connect my laptop. I have installed the Buffalo card and when installed it comes up with a bubble in the corner of the screen and says. "not connected" when i right click on it and it opens wireless networks I can press refresh list which I do and it says there are no wireless networks to connect to. I presume I have connected my Wireless router correctly. Is there a button I need to press, or something?! The router is working fine connected fine via an ethernet cable to my tower so if it is a problem is it at my Wireless card end? I would gratefully recieve any help on this subject.

mgmcc 00:06 23 Sep 05

You don't say which brand of router you are using. I have a Buffalo wireless router and it has an option to switch the "wireless" capability On/Off so if you have this option, ensure it is 'On'. Also, if you have a setting to toggle On/Off whether the SSID is broadcast, make sure that is 'On' so that the client PC's WiFi adapter can find it (I don't have this particular option in my Buffalo router).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…