setting up a wireless network

sibaw 18:04 12 Jan 07

I have an old IMB computer which just about runs on XP, but I want to connect to my router by blue tooth. I have bought and installed a USB blue tooth adapter, but presume I need to track down a wireless network card to put in the card slot, since there is no wireless network present.

Does anyone know where I can get a card for an IBM600E laptop?

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 18:18 12 Jan 07

If you don't mind me asking, why connect via bluetooth? A regular wi-fi connection would be easier I'd suggest.

sibaw 20:15 12 Jan 07

This is where I show my ignorance, I thought the only way to connect to the router (apart from cable - which works OK) is via blue tooth, isn't that how all wireless PC's connect?
Regards
Sibaw

Diodorus Siculus 20:26 12 Jan 07

OK :-)

It's not bluetooth but wi-fi.

Seems you have a wireless router, you now need either a PCMCIA wi-fi adaptor or one that connects via USB.

click here for the type of thing you need.

Diodorus Siculus 20:30 12 Jan 07
  sibaw 21:05 12 Jan 07

Thanks - I did not realise that wi-fi is what I needed, I will go back to PS World, the boy there sold me the bluetooth USB thingy when he shoudl have sold me one of the things you have shown me on the net
Thanks
S

Diodorus Siculus 21:10 12 Jan 07

If you told the boy in PCWorld what you wanted it for, he should have sold you the correct item; therefore you are within your rights to return it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced