Setting up a Wireless Network.

Daibus 11:35 23 Nov 05

At the moment I am connected to ADSL via a D-Link Router, which has been fine but am thinking of also buying a Notebook and would like to set up a Wireless Network to be used in conjunction with my Router.

Is it necessary, as far as performance goes to use a "Wireless Access Point" by the same manufacturer as the Router? I have been looking at Belkin and Linksys which seem to be the most common brands around for this type of equipment.

Cheers.

PaulB2005 11:39 23 Nov 05

You can mix and match equipment manufacturers to your hearts content.

Daibus 11:43 23 Nov 05

Thank you for your reply - any preference between Linksys and Belkin?

Taff™ 08:13 24 Nov 05

Isn`t the D-Link router wireless? I`ve used Belkin USB Wireless adapters with D-Link and no problems. If the existing D-Link isn`t wireless you will probably find that it`s cheaper just to replace it with this click here Free Adapter with the bundle.

Daibus 12:11 24 Nov 05

Many thanks for your reply and yes my router isn't wireless.

Looked up that link for the D-Link bundle and it does look a good option for me but I'm in Spain, and that particular company unfortunately does not ship outside of the UK or Ireland.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…