Setting up wireless network

alexgray104 21:30 22 Sep 05

I am trying to setup a wireless network for my packard bell tower computer and newer Acer Laptop. the tower is running XP Pro and the laptop is running home. I have installed the driver for the router and plugged it into tower and all is working fine(otherwise I wouldn't be on here!) The trouble starts when i try to connect my laptop. I have installed the Buffalo card and when installed it comes up with a bubble in the corner of the screen and says. "not connected" when i right click on it and it opens wireless networks I can press refresh list which I do and it says there are no wireless networks to connect to. I presume I have connected my Wireless router correctly. Is there a button I need to press, or something?! The router is working fine connected fine via an ethernet cable to my tower so if it is a problem is it at my Wireless card end? I would gratefully recieve any help on this subject.

Robin0759 22:45 22 Sep 05

Have you used the "set up home or office network" wizard on both machines? Your laptop needs a "network" to connect to. double-click on My network places, and you'll find the link on the LHS in network tasks.
This will define your network for both machines. Although the computer names will be different, make sure the network name is uniform across your network

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5