Setting up a WIRELESS Network

Dirty Dick 15:36 06 May 04

I currently have 3 PCs, One running Windows XP Pro, and the others 98SE. I am just about to get a Laptop. I want to be able to Network all four around the house. What kind of equipment must I get to run a WIRELESS network? I have BT Broadband and I have heard that this could cause a problem? I want to able to connect to the Internet from any and all the PCs. Can anyone help?
Thanks

scooby43 15:52 06 May 04
  byfordr 16:01 06 May 04

click here

Set my uncles network up with the following (Combination of XP Home, XP Pro and 98 SE)

Netgear DG834G all-in-one modem/router/wireless/firewall
with desktop and latop plumbed in via CAT5e cable.
Laptop running 98se connected wirelessly using WAG511 CardBus Network adapter.
Laptop running xp pro connected using centrino

DG834G plugged into the phone socket (having first put filters on all sockets) Plug the desktop and one of the laptops into DG834G using CAT5 cable and the network port. One of the laptops is a centrino (so just a case of setting it up to work) The last laptop connected via wireless card WAG511

Works a treat! click here for some very good prices on DG834G (£100 inc one wireless adapter) If not good prices on other branded wireless products.

Post back if you have further queries

HTH

R

byfordr 16:02 06 May 04

ps he is on Bt Yahoo bb (formerly openwound)

crimbo 17:13 06 May 04

I'm on BTYahoo broadband and using the router mentioned by byfordr without any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…