Setting up a wireless connection.

barryoneoff.co.uk 13:22 02 Aug 14

I had a wireless connection at home from PC to laptop and phone for many years and have totally forgotten how to set one up. I am staying in Germany with a friend for five weeks and would like to connect to her PC with my laptop. She has no codes or passwords and there is no router, just the connection coming through the wall to an antenna in a four flat house. Any ideas?

Batch 14:16 03 Aug 14

Not familiar with the set-up you describe.

How is her PC connected to the Internet (assuming that it is)?.

Is it some sort of communal WiFi. In which case someone (in one of the apartments) may know the SSID and passphrase.

woodchip 16:02 03 Aug 14

You Say Just a Connection coming through the Wall! you do not need a Connection point ie Plug for Wireless you only need it for Ethernet connections. To Create a Wireless Connection you need the SSID and Password for the Router. There will be one some where

barryoneoff.co.uk 11:49 07 Aug 14

This is the problem, there is no router,as I have in England. We had to have an antenna installed because the village is so isolated. Is there a router that canbe connected to the PC by USB cable, or some other means?

spuds 13:19 07 Aug 14

You might need to take this up with the service provider, if possible.

Was the outside antenna provided as a wifi hotspot or community connection point, due to the isolated location of the village?.

woodchip 21:15 08 Aug 14

All Hot Spots use a Router or Hub that will Have the things I put above, As above you need to find out who the service provider is for it, you cannot get things Free

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced