Setting up wireless connection

denali 13:37 12 Nov 07

I realise this may sound somewhat presumtious but would some kind soul advise me on setting this up in an understandable, laymans way. I have googled and still cannot find anything I completely understand (age is probably a factor). I simply want to hook up my desktop and my daughters laptop. I have AOL and even their website does not fully explain which router I need. Thank you

brundle 13:59 12 Nov 07

This is quite useful; click here

One thing they don't mention is to check which kind of broadband you have - if it's ADSL (broadband modem plugged into the phone socket) then you need a combined ADSL Router/Modem, if it's cable (same kind of connector as cable TV) then you need a DSL Wireless Router. ADSL here; click here
Cable here; click here

Dare I say it, but PCWorld's recently advertised Belkin wireless kit for £50 is a pretty good deal although of course it depends if it is compatible with your broadband system.

denali 11:39 14 Nov 07

brundle: Thank you for your reply. That seems to be ideal. Will give it a try. Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…