setting up wireless from bt business hub

jasmine786 12:24 09 Dec 06

hi, i am not a great expert at this but I have the BT Business hub installed at work and have just bought another pc to use elsewhere in the office. The pc i have bought says it had a wireless "thing" built in it , however i have tried to get it to go wireless and it keeps saying it needs a compatible ethernet adptor. please advise what this is ?i thought the idea of going wireless was for there to be no wires , so i am at a loss?
l
also the hub i have is connected to my first pc, does anyone know how i could get that to be wireless as well, as the hub has it biult in. any advice appreciated...thanks all!

mgmcc 12:55 10 Dec 06

In very general terms, you need to go into the Hub's wireless settings, enable its "radio" which may involve setting it to something like "802.11g" or "G-only" or similar. Its SSID needs to be set to "broadcast" so the PC can find it. It may have WEP or WPA encryption enabled by default, in which case you need to make a note of the "key".

In the PC, you need to "Connect" to the network. In other words, run the wireless adapter's software, scan for "Available Wireless Networks", find and highlight the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and select the option to "Connect" to it. You should be prompted to enter any WEP or WPA encryption key and, once "Connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

Be aware that there is a difference between the Wireless Network Adapter and Router communicating with a good signal and "Connecting" (as in "logging in") to your Wireless network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017