Setting up Widescreen - getting letterbox

etherington 13:19 05 Aug 07

Hi,
I just installed a new Lenovo L192 Widescreen on my Mesh PC (about 2 years old PC). Followed all he instructions no prob and instaled driver. Rebooting I get a letterbox efect with black bar above and below an can't seem to get the full screen. done all the normal settings chekcs and stuff and it seems to not provide new resolution screen settings
any suggestions?
ta
Mike

ambra4 13:47 05 Aug 07

You need to change the resolution to 1440 x 900 if your display card cannot handle that resolution you need to buy a new display card

The Radeon 9250 will give this resolution same as I use on a 19” widescreen

Make sure that you get the correct one for your motherboard AGP or PCI-E

Check this site

click here

Stuartli 14:23 05 Aug 07

Right click on the Desktop on an empty area>Properties>Settings>Advanced tab>Adapter tab>click on List All Modes button.

The full list of the colour/resolution/refresh rates of your graphics card will be available.

Highlight and then click on the appropriate WXGA resolution for your monitor - ensure that Windows doesn't require rebooting.

Stuartli 14:26 05 Aug 07

Also see:

click here

etherington 16:09 21 Aug 07

Thanks - you were correct. The graphics card didn't support the mode. Doh! At least it wasn't me ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

New iOS 11 release date rumours UK | new features coming to Siri, FaceTime, Messages and Video