Setting up website for a friend

Mort105 23:25 PM 15 Nov 12

I'm creating a website for a friend, I should be ok with creating the site but not too sure which web host to go with.

Just wondered if any of you have good/bad experiences with hosts and also if the host you select affects your search position in any way.

Thanks for any help as not done this before.

jonasmarsh621 08:00 AM 16 Nov 12

Wordpress is the place to be. Better features and Google loves it.

beynac 11:46 AM 16 Nov 12

I've used Heart Internet for a number of websites. I have had virtually no problems and their support has been quick, efficient and helpful when I've needed it.

Mort105 12:26 PM 16 Nov 12

The website itself should be fairly basic, with maybe a few pages. It's probably going to need a simple database to read from so I'd need the host to provide some minimal database storage.

Thanks for the advice - I'll take a look and read up a little more.

Forum Editor 18:00 PM 17 Nov 12

Like beynac I've used Heart Internet, and can recommend their efficient, professional customer service.

Mort105 16:13 PM 18 Nov 12

I should probably add that I need a decent HTML5 editor - have tried a few google searches but it's hard to know whats good and what isn't.

Does anyone know of any good HTML5 editors that are free?

I use .Net at work but don;t have this at home so looking for freeware.

Mort105 18:31 PM 18 Nov 12

Just remembered I can use my work's MSDN license at home - so I should be able to install Visual Studio 2012 and use that to build the site.

nahosting 06:17 AM 21 Nov 12

Don't forget you can get the express edition of visual studio from Microsoft for free, just go to here

Mort105 10:28 AM 23 Nov 12

Thanks nahosting - I've installed the full version but is good advice for anyone needing freeware. Do you have any recommendations for a web host?

nahosting 11:11 AM 23 Nov 12

Sorry Mort105 but I can't help there, against forum rules. I hope you find a reliable one. Cheers.

Forum Editor 01:17 AM 25 Nov 12

Do you have any recommendations for a web host?

There are plenty of reliable hosting companies out there. My recomendation, based purely on personal experience is Heart Internet, but as I say, there are others.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know