Setting up website for a friend

Mort105 23:25 PM 15 Nov 12

Hi,

I'm creating a website for a friend, I should be ok with creating the site but not too sure which web host to go with.

Just wondered if any of you have good/bad experiences with hosts and also if the host you select affects your search position in any way.

Thanks for any help as not done this before.

jonasmarsh621 08:00 AM 16 Nov 12

Wordpress is the place to be. Better features and Google loves it.

beynac 11:46 AM 16 Nov 12

I've used Heart Internet for a number of websites. I have had virtually no problems and their support has been quick, efficient and helpful when I've needed it.

Mort105 12:26 PM 16 Nov 12

The website itself should be fairly basic, with maybe a few pages. It's probably going to need a simple database to read from so I'd need the host to provide some minimal database storage.

Thanks for the advice - I'll take a look and read up a little more.

Forum Editor 18:00 PM 17 Nov 12

Like beynac I've used Heart Internet, and can recommend their efficient, professional customer service.

Mort105 16:13 PM 18 Nov 12

I should probably add that I need a decent HTML5 editor - have tried a few google searches but it's hard to know whats good and what isn't.

Does anyone know of any good HTML5 editors that are free?

I use .Net at work but don;t have this at home so looking for freeware.

Thanks.

Mort105 18:31 PM 18 Nov 12

Just remembered I can use my work's MSDN license at home - so I should be able to install Visual Studio 2012 and use that to build the site.

nahosting 06:17 AM 21 Nov 12

Don't forget you can get the express edition of visual studio from Microsoft for free, just go to here

Mort105 10:28 AM 23 Nov 12

Thanks nahosting - I've installed the full version but is good advice for anyone needing freeware. Do you have any recommendations for a web host?

nahosting 11:11 AM 23 Nov 12

Sorry Mort105 but I can't help there, against forum rules. I hope you find a reliable one. Cheers.

Forum Editor 01:17 AM 25 Nov 12

Do you have any recommendations for a web host?

There are plenty of reliable hosting companies out there. My recomendation, based purely on personal experience is Heart Internet, but as I say, there are others.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 review: Hands on with the £239 OnePlus Two '2016 flagship killer'

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…