setting up a Webpage

roygbiv 16:55 29 Aug 06

Have asked before, but cant find t ??

Want to start making a website ?? (got MS Office), BT Broadband use this webspace??

Where do I go from here? do I have to get webhosting ?? ............Alan

ade.h 17:03 29 Aug 06

Yes, MS Word/Publisher/et al have HTML output, but don't use them for this purpose. They produce very poor results - even an experienced designer would struggle - and very dirty code.

I'm currently teaching myself CSS and it really isn't too bad. Honest. But you should stick with the WYSIWYG approach - as I did until recently - because it's easier for anyone who wants a simple website. Find a free copy/download of NOF 8 or Serif Webplus. I would recommend NOF; it's capable enough to design commercial sites if you know what you're doing, so a first website is no sweat for it.

Forum Editor 18:12 29 Aug 06

Like NetObjects Fusion, Microsoft Frontpage 2003, or Dreamweaver would enable you to design a very professional-looking site, and in the hands of someone with a bit of exerience all these applications will handle pretty much anything, right up to a major corporate e-commerce site.

ade.h's advice about not using MS Office for websites is sound - wouldn't go down that road if I were you.

Yes, you'll need to set up a hosting account if you want your site to be any more than a personal experiment, and that means you'll have to register a domain name. All that is pretty simple to organise, and takes an hour at most. One of us will step you through the procedure if you need any asistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017