setting up a webcam link via the internet

valbv 22:35 21 Apr 07

I am looking for advice on creating a means to be able to talk to and see live on screen my grandchildren who may soon be moving to New Zealand. Can this be done via the internet?

Technotiger 22:43 21 Apr 07

Yes, very easily, as long as you both have PC's with Skype installed. You can talk for as long as you wish and it is Free.

click here

Technotiger 22:46 21 Apr 07

All you each need is PC/Skype/Webcam/Microphone (a headset with headphones and boom microphone is best).

Technotiger 22:55 21 Apr 07

Plus - with Pamela Pro, one can record Skype audio and video. You can then save it on your hard-drive and burn the recording to dvd if you so wished,

click here

johnnyrocker 23:26 21 Apr 07

or basically you can use any of the messenger services with webcam etc

johnny.

Technotiger 23:28 21 Apr 07

That's true, but having used most of them, IMHO there is nothing to beat Skype.

johnnyrocker 23:33 21 Apr 07

each to their own then i have used yahoo and msn for quite some time with no real issues.

johnny.

MAJ 23:37 21 Apr 07

You both would also need a Broadband connection to make viewing tolerable.

valbv 10:01 25 Apr 07

I thank you all for your advice. I have broadband and as yet an unused headphone with boom mike and will persue the Skype and Pamela Pro programs and other options suggested.
Regards
Bernval

Technotiger 10:19 25 Apr 07

OK - I am sure you will do fine with Skype ... enjoy.

oldbeefer2 11:04 25 Apr 07

Personally think Sightspeed is better, but each to his own!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…