setting up web cam

b-atch 11:51 16 Aug 03

say i have three friends in three different houses and i would like to set up a web cam in each house, but i have only one pc in my house. is it possible to run all three webcams through an internet connection to my pc and to view the images on a website. do i need a pc at each webcam or is there some sort of converter box that just sends the data to my pc where the website is running from. sorry if it sounds a little confusing. thanx
da-b-man

Lozzy 12:37 16 Aug 03

Are you wanting to use the web cams as a security thing or just see them..

b-atch 19:12 16 Aug 03

no, i just want to see them, do you know what the refresh rate wil be on the webcams?

Barrie_G 19:49 16 Aug 03

do they know that you "just want to see them"?

b-atch 21:13 16 Aug 03

yes they know i woould like just to see them over the website i wil create , i have not set it up yet but would realy like to

Qmar 01:59 17 Aug 03
  Qmar 02:18 17 Aug 03

The GPRS modem is used at a remote location to set up a virtual connection between a remote device (with a serial port) and a central computer. Typical applications include Telemetry, Security Systems, Data Loggers, or any remote equipment with serial data port.

for e.g. click here

tbh72 02:41 17 Aug 03

If the houses are close together you could use something like the Trust Surveilance Kit, which can feed upto four camera's into your PC. But the houses would have to be like in the same street to use the 2400ghz wireless cameras. I mention the trust system as it's affordable & also come's with all the software you need & that includes viewing over the internet?

Qmar 03:10 17 Aug 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…