Setting up Virgin with Windows Mail

hugzey 13:21 25 Apr 08

Hi, I've just got Virgin Media a few days ago and I'm using Vista. My email adress ends with blueyonder.co.uk

I'm having problems with setting up my Virgin account on Windows Mail. I have followed the intrsuctions on this page click here
When I click Finish it comes up with a "confirm username and password" window.

I put the Virgin welcome pack Internet Username and Internet Password in, but the same box just comes up again blank every time I try and enter it. It doesn't let me make the account on Windows Mail because it says "Error - unknown or invalid username". I have tried a few times to make sure I have typed everything correctly.

Am I doing something wrong? Please help, thanks.

Stuartli 13:27 25 Apr 08

That thread title could be taken one or two ways at least...:-)

Sorry, not familiar with your ISP or e-mail program so can't help in this instance.

jaritch 13:45 25 Apr 08

Have you tried using it on their webmail via the virginmedia homepage. At least if it works there you know it is a valid username etc. Once you get it going you go into "selfcare" section in their customer zone and give yourself a usable name and password.

hugzey 20:44 26 Apr 08

Thanks for answering, I managed to solve the problem. For some reason I had to change the password from the one I was given, even though it didn't say to anywhere...weird. Oh well, at least it's solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…