Setting up USB Modem

Allan RISC OS user 22:17 19 Nov 08

I am trying to help an elderly friend of mine to get connected to Tiscali Broadband.

He has a USB SpeedTouch Modem. All was working fine last week, but now each time he tries to connect he is asked for his user name and password.

I have advised him to re-set up a new connection using the wizard but when he finishes he is advised that the name he has used as the ISP name already exists and asks him to change it. His first connection was named Tiscali, so I advised Tiscali2 but this was also rejected as already in use.

I use a router on my set-up and am not able to see on my computer what he is seeing as the set up is different, and I am unable to remember what I did when I had the same problem when I had a USB Modem.

Can you advise me what to tell him to do to remove all his previous connections and start again.

Unfortunately all my so called help has to be over the phone as we live some distance apart.

All help gratefully received.

Graham. 23:03 19 Nov 08

'Ey up Al. Can he connect by entering his username and password?

Stuartli 23:49 19 Nov 08

Has he deleted the original account first before starting afresh with the wizard?

If and when he does get connected, it's worth checking he has the latest modem drivers (I'm assuming it's a 330). See:

click here

Stuartli 23:51 19 Nov 08

Also see:

click here**&p_li=&p_topview=1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…