Setting the Time - XP PC

maz2012 20:53 09 Sep 05

Having problems setting the time on pc. This is one of the simplest tasks on a pc you would think, but its driving me mad.

Call up the time setting dialogue box, set the time, it stays set for all of 10 seconds before resetting itself 3 hours 10 minutes forward.

I have disabled the internet time server function,
i've tried setting the time correct in the bios - that worked for slightly longer..... I've tried correcting the time when on line & off line.

I've asked the IT manager at work.

HELP !!!!

GaT7 21:00 09 Sep 05

In Date and Time Properties -> Time Zone tab, have you chosen '(GMT) Greeenwich...'? G

maz2012 21:13 09 Sep 05

Yes set to GMT

GaT7 21:15 09 Sep 05

Run a sfc /scannow. click here to learn more & how it's done. G

GaT7 21:19 09 Sep 05

Is this applicable? click here, especially the part that says, "In rare cases, administrators may need to configure the necessary privileges without adding you to one of these local groups. To do so, administrators must grant the Change system time user right, and then add the following permissions on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation registry key:..." G

woodchip 21:33 09 Sep 05

You need to go into BIOS setup to set the time. look for what to press as computer boots to setup

GaT7 21:54 09 Sep 05

woodchip, maz2012 has tried that, see the first post, 3rd para: "...i've tried setting the time correct in the bios...". G

woodchip 22:05 09 Sep 05

The bios is faulty if it will not keep the time. You may be able to sort it with a new flash of the BIOS, but do not recomend this only as last resort

Stuartli 23:33 09 Sep 05

It just might be that the CMOS battery is on its last legs.

bruno 10:45 10 Sep 05

I had trouble with mine yesterday and Acolyte suggested I try the following.Control panel/Regional and Languages/customise/time and reset to am and pm rather than 24 hour clock.It worked for me.Mine kept jumping back 12 hours if I set a time in the afternoon.Not the same problem you have,but may be worth a ry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…