setting up (smooth) auto-scrolling in browsers

Kalitechnis 13:39 10 Mar 03

Can anyone tell me how to set up auto-scrolling (smooth and controllable,like it is in Opera7) in Crazy Browser, and in Internet Explorer6?

The auto-scrolling in IE is very jerky and uncontrollable (enabling smooth scolling seems to make absolutely no difference). Opera's auto-scrolling, on the other hand, is a comparative joy to use.

I presume I will have to edit some .ini file?
Windows98se is my OS.

Many thanks for any info,

K.

recap 14:31 10 Mar 03

click here

click here

hope they are of some help?

Kalitechnis 15:03 10 Mar 03

Recap,
Thanks for your help, but I'm afraid that you've misunderstood, or else I have not been clear.

What I'm after is to set up a browser (in this case Crazy Browser, which has no auto-scrolling facility) with a (smooth) auto-scroller like Opera7 has.
This is activated by clicking the mouse-wheel. This will produce an double arrow with a dot in between, and which allows you to scroll up or down, or sideways, using mouse movements.
This facility is available in Internet Explorer (but it is crude in comparison with Opera's-and I would like to be able to improve this also) and many other text programs.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
K.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…