setting up SATA hd?

Blokka 16:25 08 Mar 04

I have just installed a SATA hd 120Gb on my machine now my mobo is a MSI K7N2ilsr and supports raid, sata etc although my knowlegde on raid is not that good at present.
Now what is the best way to set up this HD since ive only the one sata drive and i know that with raid u would usualy use 2 of the same size but since im not using raid im unsure what the best steps are, any help please

Setup at present:
msi k7n2 ilsr
radeon 9000pro
1x 80gb ide (master)
1x 10gb ide (slave)
1x 120gb sata

JIM 16:38 08 Mar 04

Accepted Answer from paul1968uk
Date: 01/26/2004 01:43AM PST
Accepted Answer

Listen guys - this is easy.

connect drive

turn off the raid in the bios (assuming you don't want raid), but make sure that the bios will see the sata drive as a normal drive.

boot windows XP

right click on 'my computer' click on 'manage'

click on disk management

You will see the drive there - there is every chance that a wizard will start up automatically to install the new drive - if so, follow the wizard.

if not, locate the new drive in the list, then right click on the left hand side of the drive to install the drive. Set the drive to basic (assuming you don't want to set up raid).

then right click on the drive itself and format it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…