setting up sata hard drives

pro driver 16:25 26 Oct 05

Can anyone advise the correct way to install 2 sata drives (master and slave) on a Abit Duramax AA8. Win xp installed ok but I only have 130 gb showing when around 400 is installed (2 x 200gb maxtor diamond 10).
Please help.

SANTOS7 16:30 26 Oct 05

click here
this may help...

holly polly 18:20 26 Oct 05

what this guy needs is advice in idiot form ,this is his first new build using sata drives ,he does not want to use them in raid he only wants one as a primary with os on and the other for backup etc ,obviously he could have gone the ide way but as sata are the new tech thats what was purchased ,at the mo he has two sata 200gb drives on sata 1 and sata 4 but only one drive is showing in my comp at a reduced size of 127gb need to get the correct sizes and both hdds shown so raid is not really needed and SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

pro driver 20:18 26 Oct 05

Hi I have cured the hd reconition problem but both the drives show only 127 gb in my computer the actual size is 200 gb each drive.
Please can anyone solve this problem for me.

Zeppelyn 20:35 26 Oct 05

Go to Maxtor.com, select support and under downloads you will see Big Drive Enabler. Download this and run, it will change a registry setting for full size to be recognise. Also you dont need to set SATA drives as Master and Slave. Just make sure connections are tight for both power and data cables and BIOS should pick up ok.

pro driver 20:54 26 Oct 05

Hi. I have tried big disk enabler but still no look the sata drives still show 137 gb in my computer.
Any more ideas anyone
thanks

Zeppelyn 21:01 26 Oct 05

Do you have SP1 or SP2 installed ?

pro driver 21:05 26 Oct 05

I have just this evening installed service pack 2 but it did'nt help

holly polly 16:05 27 Oct 05

bump!!!!!!!

holly polly 16:21 27 Oct 05

Help is urgently needed come on !

pro driver 19:21 27 Oct 05

holly polly
help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…