Setting Up The Same Network

acsmanhtml12 17:03 09 Jun 06

Just asking as I am now connected to BB can I just stick my wireless modem in and get it to work (obviously with the setup!)
ACSMANHTML12

ade.h 17:35 09 Jun 06

Unless I have mis-interpreted the question, you are asking whether you can just connect your modem/router, configure via the interface and then use it...

If that's the gist of it, then yes.

Obviously you will have to configure your software firewalls on each client, but that's it really.

acsmanhtml12 17:50 09 Jun 06

Thanks, just wandering as I just got connected to Broadband today.

ade.h 18:13 09 Jun 06

By the way, if you find a setup CD in the box, leave it in there. The best - and proper - way to set up a router is to enter its IP in a browser's address bar.

What model have you purchased? Perhaps I (or someone else) can help you with security.

acsmanhtml12 18:41 09 Jun 06

Well I have all ready got help on this issue but have now come up with a problem, my modem that came with the Broadband shows that it is no, but my wireless one shows that it is not actually active. What do I do?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…