Setting up s-video out on laptop to TV

webber_man 13:35 15 Nov 03

I have a laptop running win xp with a s-video out and a sony tv i want to connect my laptop to. I have bought a Belkin PC-DVD to TV cable kit (No.f8v351) and connected the cable up but i don't have a clue how to get the image to appear on my TV!

Aplogies if i appear dim - im sure there's something obvious i have to do! I have seen a couple of threads on here re s-video to tv but they don't seem to mention how to set the laptop up so the dvd plays on the tv. What do i need to do?

I hope ive given enough info for you to be able to shed some light for me.

BarryKeith 13:54 15 Nov 03

Go to "Display Properties/ Advanced" and look for a tab marked TV-Out, you'll find the settings and controls there.

hugh-265156 13:58 15 Nov 03

connect your video cable from the laptop to the tv.

select the av channel on the tv set.

click stsrt/control panel/performance and maintenance/display/settings

you should see two screens 1 and 2

click screen 2,set the resolution to 640x480 via the slider and tick the "extend my desktop to this monitor" box

play your dvd,window it and drag it across and off the screen from the laptop screen to the tv screen while its playing.right click it it again and select full screen one on the tv.

ps if its black and white and you have an nvidia card im told tv tool helps sort this click here

webber_man 12:25 16 Nov 03

Cheers huggyg71 - followed your instructions and i have managed to get my desktop background image on my TV but there is nothing else - am i supposed to see the exact desktop i see on my laptop? Also having played the dvd it doesn't show on my tv - is there anything else i can try?

webber_man 12:36 16 Nov 03

sussed it - got it playing! Superb....cheers again.

Just one thing though - no sound!!! Any clues?

webber_man 12:40 16 Nov 03

I'd forgotten to plug the lead in!!

All sorted. Ta.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…