setting a restore point xp home

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:13 04 Mar 04

How can i manually set a restore point in xp home
i opened up the system restore option but there is no option to make a restore point just a calender with restore point on it.

Regards.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:18 04 Mar 04

Open system restore-select 'create a restore point'-type a memorable description-click 'create', or am I missing something ;-))

G

Bapou 20:23 04 Mar 04

Start>Accessories>System Tools> System Restore.

Choose 'Create A Restore Point'

As GANDALF <|:-)> says 'Choose a Memorable Name'such as 'My Restore 4.3.04'

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:25 04 Mar 04

I have opened sytem restore but there is no create a restore point option there.I just get a calender to chose what time to restore back to.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:27 04 Mar 04

HMM, i was doing it wrong i was going to msconfig and selecting it there,sorry my mistake.

Reagds.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:28 04 Mar 04

Right i have found that does it do both of my hdd or just the system 1?

Mikè 20:35 04 Mar 04

If you right click my computer and goto properties/system restore you can setup your restore preferences. I prefer to have it disabled on all but my C: Partition.

Bapou 20:38 04 Mar 04

Assuming C is your primary drive for OS then System Restore applies to this. Restores everything on the drive at the time created.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 00:27 05 Mar 04

Is it possible to make a restore point seperate for both drives system 1 and other at different times ,so if i have to reinstall i dont have to reinstall for the other drive as well.I can go to my comp/properties and restore but it only lets me turn it off/on or set the amount of disk space allocated to it.

Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…