Setting up raid drive to boot

TeeJay 20:20 02 Jan 04

I have an asus A7N8X mb and have put 2 SATA drives on in raid 0 (Stripe). How do I get XP Home on to the raid setup to start up? I have disconnected my present C drive, booted up from XP CD, my raid drives are not recognised, nowhere to put the operating system. Boot up from c: into XP and they are.

You will have to install the Raid drivers for XP when you boot for the new disks to be seen. Start the PC with the Windows CD in the drive (And set to CD as first boot device) and then when XP starts to load you will see a message "Press F6 to install third party Raid drivers" or similar. Hit F6 and it will continue to load and then ask if you want to install the drivers. OK and away you go - XP will load onto the Raid array.

What I should also say is that you will first need to get your serial ATA drivers onto a floppy disk and have this inserted into drive A when you hit F6. These SATA drivers will be on your motherboard CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…