Setting printer for photo

flu 22:17 22 Sep 04

I've just placed an order for Choice stationery Instant Dry Gloss 180gsm (20). I'd like to know how I set the printer for this brand of paper. My printer's an Epson C46.

Filch 01:25 23 Sep 04

It should tell you on the paper package, or on an instet with the paper. Epson might have it in their list of papers when you pick the size, &c (I'm not up on Epson), but I doubt it. If it doesn't come with the paper, try their web site.

Derek 05:32 23 Sep 04

Set it to Glossy Thick in the Prn Preferences and size A4. The printer should do the rest.
That's how HP works.

flu 09:23 23 Sep 04

Ok thanks. I just thought that it was a more complex type of manual setting that I'd have to do. I'll wait for the paper to arrive and try them out. Will tick this resolved.

Wak 09:48 23 Sep 04

From my personal experience with printers I would suggest that you try your glossy photo paper with the printer set to both "glossy paper" and "ordinary paper" using the same picture so that you can compare the two.
I spent hours setting my printer so that it printed as near as possible to what I could see on the screen. On ordinary white copy paper the picture looked fine but when the printer was set to "glossy", extra ink was used by the printer and the resulting picture did not look quite the same as it should.
However, using glossy paper but leaving the printer set to "standard" produced a good picture with a glossy finish.
I just thought this might be of interest and of help to you.

joeltr 10:59 23 Sep 04

if you have photo quality glossy film option on your options, set it to that, it is a setting you would not think of trying, it slows the printing down a litle bit but the results are the best you will get,
(set other options to best quality) regards joel.

flu 11:12 23 Sep 04

thanks. i'll try all of ur suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac