Setting printer default.

cagey 20:47 20 Jun 05

I have two printers connected via usb cables to my computer. They are an Epson C62 which I mainly use, and a HP PSC 2210 which I use occassionaly for faxing and scanning. I set the Epson to be the default printer in the "Printer and Faxes" program but it keeps changing back to the HP printer as default. How can I set the Epson to permanently be the default printer.

muscic lover 21:15 20 Jun 05

you need to uninstall the Hp completely, set the Epson to be the default choice then reinstall the driver for the HP.
Set a System restore first though in case of trouble!

A friend of mine had the same problem with this set up of 2 printers and this cured it (although his epson was a different model)

Good luck!

woodchip 21:54 20 Jun 05

Go to Start\Settings\Printers right click the Printer you want as Default and choose it for Default

woodchip 21:56 20 Jun 05

Go to Start\Settings\Printers right click the Printer you want as Default and choose it for Default.

PS this can be overridden by a Program you use. Like in a Photo Edit program although the other is still set to default

cagey 22:20 20 Jun 05

Music Lover... Have followed your suggestion, appears to be OK. I have tried restarting my computer and Epson is still showing as default, watch this space!!

Woodchip.. This is how I set it to default in the first place.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…