//some 3rd party need geo

setting up password on wireless internet

andrewbob4 23:12 24 Apr 06

Hello,

Hope you can help, I have had wireless internet set up in my house for over a year and did not set up a password on the connection. I am now aware of my neighbours using my connection and I would like to install a password. How can I do this?

I have a Belkin wireless 54g router and have lost the installation cd.

Many thanks

Amy x

dms05 07:34 25 Apr 06

I assume you mean you want to encrypt the WiFi using WEP? Do a Google search with your exact model and find (on the Belkin website) the User Manual. It will tell you exactly how to install the encryption on your Belkin using a cable LAN connection. Then install the same WEP key on your computer - the first time you try to connect a XP dialogue box will appear and you insert the WEP key there. Use an unusual WEP key so no one can guess it - for example 56 3a 4b 91 5f (numbers 1-9, letters a - f). XP will remember your key so you shouldn't need to enter it everytime. But do keep a secure copy for when you forget it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…