Setting a password on an edimax router

Philwirral 09:23 30 Oct 07

I have an edimax wireless router installed. I had great trouble getting it to work because of my limited knowledge of computers, the router is fine. I have realised that my neighbours can access the router and I need to passwod protect it. I cannot figure out a way to do this. Can anyone help.

FreeCell 19:07 30 Oct 07

You don't give details of your model of Edimax.

See for example of process to set up WPA on an Edimax which is what you need to protect your wireless network from access by others.

click here

If you post your model number then we may be able to point you to instructions for your model.

martjc 11:50 31 Oct 07

...It's all in there under WPA security.
The thing that confuses some people is the passphrase. This is something that you make up yourself [at least eight characters long] and is entered by software to gain access to the router.

Philwirral 18:23 31 Oct 07

Freecell and Martjc. It worked. Many thanks for taking the trouble to respond. I now have a secure router. Cheers. Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…